green building incentive programs
Thinking of building green? Check if your city has a green building incentive program, as many cities do. Guidelines will vary but often the monetary incentive or expedited plan check can help offset the cost of complying with the requirements.
Encinitas Green Building Incentive Program
- Register and achieve certification with Build It Green (BIG) GreenPoint Rated (GPR) and/or US Green Building Council’s (USGBC) Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
- Once registered with the City’s program, expedited plan checks for construction-related permits receive priority in the grading and building permit process (not CDP).
- Once the project is completed and certification is achieved through the USGBC or BIG, the project will be eligible for reimbursement for the costs of providing green building measures to achieve final certification up to a maximum of $2,000 per project (provided there are still available funds).
Read more about the Encinitas Green Building Incentive Program guidelines on the City’s website here and download the application here. If you have more questions feel free to contact our Green Programs Manager Katie Teare at email@example.com.
REQUIREMENTS (Choose 1)
- Register and achieve certification with Build It Green (BIG) GreenPoint Rated (GPR)
- Exceed Title 24 by 15%
- Install a greywater system
- Strawbale construction
- Reduced plan check turn around time
- 7.5% reduction in plan check and building permit fees